This past week I spent time at Destin with my family, so my blog post is a little short. 🙂 I had no idea the waves could get so high down there. I almost thought I was in Hawaii!
Last week’s Mystery Question. Which one of the following technologies is incorrect?
- Generic property marker: a water-based solution that can be sprayed or painted to mark your property with a unique chemical code. Stolen items can be identified by the chemical barcode.
- Biometrics, including facial recognition software–you’ve seen it on the crime shows where the police tech matches a photo with an actual person, but is it real?
- Technology that alerts police to the location of gun shots as they happen. It also distinguishes between the gun shot and the echoes that follow.
- Satellite imaging: real-time satellite photos of specific areas where crime is likely to occur, giving police a heads-up on a crime as it happens.
And the incorrect technology is #4. We’re close but now quite there yet. Congratulations on guessing correctly Delores, Anne, Lisa, Jackie and Loraine for getting it right!
Now for this week’s Mystery Question:
A man’s house caught fire and he began unloading his most important belongings out a window and carried them to his car. A week later he was arrested for arson. Why?
- When asked if he’d bought any type of accelerant in the past month he said no, but a hardware store receipt found in a part of the house that didn’t burn showed he’d purchased a gallon can of paint thinner just days before the fire.
- A nine-year-old boy who lived in the neighborhood told his father he had seen the man pouring something from a can around the house and then throw a match on it. They reported it to the police.
- When the police checked his pacemaker, it showed no high heart rates that would indicate strenuous activity during the time in question.
- The fire marshal found copper clips and nails at the source of the fire and deduced that he had used a lemon, copper clips, nails, wire, and tissue paper to start a fire next to the cotton curtains.
Okay, Super Sleuths, what is the correct answer? Leave your answer in the comment box to be entered in a drawing for Justice Buried when it releases!