As I write this, remnants of the two-inch snow we had Friday lingers. Snow that completely shut down the northern third of my state of Mississippi. I know, I know…those of you living in the frozen tundra of the true North are laughing about now. But to travel the icy roads around here is to take your life in your hands, even for those who have migrated to the South.
And I’ve warned all my friends who move here and are in the habit of driving on icy roads not to do it. They may be whizzes at navigating the icy spots, but we are not. And ice and snow do NOTHING to slow most of the drivers around here. That’s why we have so many accidents. Just wanted to let you know what is going on in my corner of the world. 🙂
Now for last week’s Mystery Question and answer:
A man was on trial for the armed robbery of a convenience store in a district court when he fired his lawyer. Even though the man was doing a fair job of defending himself, he was convicted. Why?
- The DA had a video that plainly showed not only the defendant’s face as he held a gun on the manager but his first name that was stitched above his pocket.
- He’d signed a confession and his excuse that he was too high to realize what he was doing didn’t fly with the jury.
- He accused the convenience store manager of lying and then said, “I should of blown your head off.” The defendant paused, then quickly added, “if I’d been the one that was there.”
- The robber discharged his weapon in the store and the recovered bullet matched a gun that was registered to the defendant.
And the answer is…#3. Proving once more that a man should never be his own lawyer. 🙂
Now for this week’s Mystery Question:
A man was arrested for possession of cocaine. Was it because:
- He offered a bag to an undercover officer.
- He took it to the police station and demanded that the person who sold it to him be arrested for selling him substandard cocaine.
- He put it up for sale on Craig’s List, thinking no one would report him. His first buyer was an undercover DEA officer.
- He got caught speeding and tried to bribe the highway patrolman with it.
Okay, Super Sleuths, which is the correct answer? Leave me a comment below with your guess. And if you have time and tweet, I’d greatly appreciate your help in promoting the blog!