Can you believe it’s almost 2017? Can you remember how odd it sounded when we first said 2000?? Or do you remember Y2K? That was the year everything on the computers was supposed to reset to 1900. “Experts” had us expecting the worst.
I’m hoping 2017 will be a banner year for everyone, but just remember there will be bumps in the road. Some will be mountains and not bumps, but if we remember Who our Maker is and stay connected with Him, we’ll weather those
And if we live out Psalm 37:4 – “Delight yourself in the LORD; And He will give you the desires of your heart.” – He will bring it to pass…maybe not in our timing, but in His. So don’t forget the companion verse, Psalm 37:7. “Wait patiently for the Lord to act…”
Now on to our Mystery Question and the winner from last week. If you remember, it was a warning that I made up.
- Batman Costume: Warning: Cape does not enable user to fly
- Wheelbarrow: Do not use when temperature exceeds 140 Fahrenheit.
- Minidisc Player: Best when used with MiniDisc recorders and players.
- Central Oregon Highways: Do not pass snowplows on the right.
- Wet-Nap Directions: Tear open packet and use.
- Package on cloth diapers: Do Not Stick Pin in Baby
- RCA Television Remote Control: Not Dishwasher Safe
- Windex: Do not spray in eyes.
- Champion Swimmer Supporter Jockstrap: This product is only to be prescribed by a physician and fit only by a trained technician.
And it is #6!! I skunked everyone this time. But could you believe some of these are actually warnings??
And the winner is Delores Topliff!
Now on to this week’s Mystery Question:
A woman in Chicago stopped to fill her gas tank. When she got back in her car, she noticed her purse was open and her wallet was gone. She reported a green van had been at the station. Half an hour later, the police arrested the culprit. What was her mistake?
- She bought gas at the same station as her victim, at the same time. An off duty police officer happened to be in the store and made the arrest after the victim received an email that her card had been used to buy gas twice at the same station in ten minutes.
- She drove 50 yards to a McDonalds and bought her children burgers. When the police cruised the parking lot and saw the van, they detained her and found the burgers had been bought with the victim’s credit card.
- The thief immediately used the credit card at a drugstore the victim and her husband owned. The husband recognized his wife’s card and called the police.
- When the thief threw the wallet away, she accidently left her own driver’s license in it. The police quickly found her.
Did the thief leave her driver’s license behind for the cops? #giveaway AlwaysWatching by Lynnette EasonClick to tweet
Okay, Super Sleuths, which answer is the correct one? This last week of the year, I’m giving away my copy of Always Watching by Lynette Eason!
I loved this book! The tension is taut and it’s hard to figure out who the villain is! here’s a review from DiAnn Mills:
When it becomes clear that popular psychiatrist and radio personality Wade Savage has a stalker, his father secretly hires Elite Guardians to protect his son. But when Wade’s bodyguard is attacked and nearly killed, agency owner Olivia Edwards must step in and fill the gap.
Olivia’s skills are about to be tested to the limit as Wade’s stalker moves from leaving innocent gifts at his door to threatening those closest to him–including Olivia. But in her mind, even more dangerous than the threats to her life is the hold her handsome client has on her heart.
“Lynette has written another fast-paced book. It’s a race against death.”–DiAnn Mills, author of Deadlock
The bodyguards of Elite Guardians Agency have more than just skill and prowess in common–they’re also all women. When it becomes clear that popular psychiatrist and radio personality Wade Savage has a stalker, his father secretly hires Elite Guardians in order to protect his son.
But when Wade’s bodyguard is attacked and nearly killed, agency owner Olivia Edwards must step in and fill the gap. Olivia’s skills are about to be tested to the limit as Wade’s stalker moves from leaving innocent gifts at his door to threatening those closest to him. Olivia has the feeling that she’s next on the list. And to complicate things even further, she realizes that her heart may be in as much danger as her client.